“Let’s Get Breakfast” by Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra
- Ideally should be played when still in bed and trying to rally the energy to go get breakfast.
“You Go Down Smooth” by Lake Street Dive
- The band is named after a street in Minneapolis but is based in Brooklyn – merging two cities that I frequent!
“Down South” by Jeremy Loops
- An energetic South-African singer that a co-worker showed me this past summer.
“Be Like You” by We Were Evergreens
- Bringing back the Jungle Book theme song, except more melodic vocals.
“Crazy Dream” & “Beautiful Escape” by Tom Misch
- surreal and dreamy
Everything by Kishi Bashi
- I saw him live at First Ave. in Minneapolis, MN this past October and loved his energy. We were dancing and flailing with a dancing steak or swaying silently completely captured by a boiled down, raw, performance of honeybody.